Pros and Cons of Selling Life Contingent Structured Settlement Payments
You want to sell your life contingent structured settlement payments for cash now (for a lump sum of cash). This is called a structured settlement conversion by many people. You searched online and saw a bunch of websites pop-up, from companies that buy structured settlements. But you’re just not sure if selling your life contingent structured settlement payments is right for you.
As with most things, there are pros and cons to selling your structured settlement payment rights for cash now. Selling your structured settlement payments is a trade-off—you have to take the good with the bad. However, it’s important to note that choosing the right buyer can make a huge difference and can really help increase the pros while keeping the cons to a minimum.
Here at CSF, our knowledgeable and professional staff have a combined experience that is very special. Our team is willing to assist you in as many ways as possible so that you could have the most POSITIVE experience in selling your future periodic payments for a lump sum of cash. Our goal is to make sure you experience more pros! That is why we wrote this article: we want you to fully understand the conversion process so that you could be as fully prepared as possible.
Let’s take a look at the various pros and cons involved in selling your future periodic life contingent structured settlement payments for an upfront lump sum of cash (the purchase price). Remember, choosing an experienced and reliable buyer like CSF can make all the difference when getting cash for life contingent structured settlement payments
- You get CASH NOW for your future annuity/structured settlement payments! Remember, choosing the right buyer is HUGE. Often times, we are able to beat our competitors and offer you the MOST CASH for your structured settlement payments that you have received from the companies that you have spoken to.
- You don’t have to sell anything else, like your car, house or condo.
- You can take care of all those bills, emergencies, and other surprises that life brings to us.
- You have flexibility in what you sell! You don’t have to sell all of your structured settlement payments; you can sell only a part of your structured settlement payments.
- You don’t have to be at the mercy of the bank or credit card companies and their crazy interest rates.
- You can even sell your life-contingent future payments. These are future payments that you can get only if you are alive.
- You get less than the aggregate sum of all the future payments that you sell.
- You usually must appear in court for a hearing to determine whether your sale can go through or not.
- It may take a while before your sale is approved.
- Your sale may not be approved by the court.
- You do not receive the structured settlement payments you sell for a lump sum, even the life contingent structured settlement payments.
This list was meant to help you better understand the nature of selling your structured settlement payments. You should make decisions on your own. We do not provide legal, tax or financial advice of any sort. Selling your structured settlement payments may be a complicated process and you may still have questions after reading this article. You can call us directly at 800-317-3769. For more information, answers to your questions and a free quote with a free case evaluation, all over the phone! CALL TODAY!